Castle Sieging Games
Traditional tower defense games concern themselves with the challenge of protecting a kingdom, castle, or other area with a series of different towers with a selection of abilities, with upgrades often being available along the way to improve your chances against increasingly powerful enemies. Crush the Castle is a game that is effectively the opposite of this tower defense tradition, since it involves the user-controlled destruction of a series of castle structures on a very hands-on basis. In this manner, the game is more like tower offense, putting you in control of a trebuchet and requiring you to get to grips with the unique physics involved in the firing of it. CTC2 and it's predecessor are some of the most played castle games online and it's easy to see why, try it for yourself...
The long awaited sequel to Castle Wars. Castle wars 2 is a turn-based strategic card game where your goal is to crush your enemy's castle or be the first to build a 100 storey castle. To put it simple it's either crush or be crushed! The game play works like this. You use cards to build, defend, attack or gain resources. Each card/action that you want to do costs resources, and so to win you have to choose your actions with care.
Sieger is a castle smashing game sponsored by Armor Games where the aim is somewhat similiar to crush the castle and crush the castle 2. You need to demolish castles (besiege them) or if you like towers in as little amount of shots as possible, crushing enemies and safe guarding the lives of the hostages.
There are 29 levels in total, 28 regular rounds and one special 'pharoahs treasure round'. The gameplay is more simplistic than that of the crush the castle games and you will find overcoming each level less like pulling teeth, where as in crush the castle you could quite easily spend a whole hourtrying to successfully toss a projectile into a tower (on some of the later levels). In sieger the targetting system is much easier to grasp therefore the aim is not really about just hitting a castle somewhere near a good point, but actually aiming your projectile at exactly the right point.
You have jacks, knights, kings and queens all hiding within the castle walls who must be crushed and the hostages must be spared at all costs or you will fail the round! Gold medals or brilliant victories are quite easily achieved after a few goes of some of the rounds and even the most difficult levels you will find relatively easy, however this doesn't detract from the overall enjoyment of the game.
Crush the Castle 1 game is a physics-based flash game available from Armor Games alongside Namco, created by Joey Betz. The flash game is free to play online. It focuses on the task of felling castle like towers built by the enemy. Players must use the arsenal provided to them to shoot at, and destroy the castles, thus killing all of its inhabitants in the process. Each tower that players destroy allows them to move onto the next, with a string of enemy castles to obliterate.
The game has 24 levels/castles to defeat. The game centres on a Map Menu, which shows all 24 castles to which the players must destroy. The towers that are set for annihilation are not much more than a few logs, some stones, and a roof put together in precarious arrangement. These buildings are more of a child's artproject or a nifty result of an extremely long game of JENGA rather than towers. The best part about these castles being so flimsy is that they become little death traps for the enemies, who wait inside. When a wall of one of these towers goes down, it often causes a domino-like effect that ends in crushed kings and toppled maidens.
Each castle has a unique layout and design and has a different number of people inside. Within the walls of these castles are Queens, Kings, Maidens, and Guards. When a wall, ceiling, or stone hits a person, they perish. In addition, if a person is knocked off the tower and falls to the ground then they will die. As a humorous addition, the game features sound effects when the enemy is killed in the form of a grunt, groan, or wail. If the player can kill all of the Queens, Maidens, Kings, and Guards in the allotted amount of shots, then they are deemed a "Royal Success" and move onto the next castle. If they fail, the game labels them a "Royal Failure" and they must either retry the level or quit.
While Words With Friends seems to have the multiplayer tile-based word-puzzle genre tied up, the predominantly single-player tile-based word-spelling game market is still very much up for grabs. Spellwood may, on the surface, sound like any other word game where you use tiles to spell words for points, but you would be missing out on some incredibly addictive action if you were to swerve this game before trying it. This review looks at what makes this game so incredibly addictive and unique, with features like turn-based battling, equipment upgrades, and an adventure through a mystical castle in the game’s fascinating story mode, you have virtually nothing to lose by reading on.
More Desktop Games
Below you can find more castle related games to play for fun online.
- In House of Wolves is a tribute to real-time strategy greats such as Age of Empire and Starcraft you will harvest trees, hunt animals, explore, build and conquer in your quest to seek vengeance on Lord Vilereck for taking control of the crown.
- In Stormy Castle you look to storm the enemy castle and conquer more lands by building and upgrading your base.
- Kingdom Rush is possibly the best tower defense game ever created and it is set in a fantasy medieval period whereby you play as a commander trying to defend his kingdom against an onslaught of evil monsters.
- Kingdom Rush 2 Frontiers packs in a treasure trove of new content and features while keeping the signature look that millions have come to love.
- Kingdom Rush 3 Origins is the popular sequel to the first game and the last game Iron Hide Studios would publish to play in your web browser. It sees you travel to more exotic lands to defend a kingdom against new foes whilst new towers and heroes emerge to help you.
- Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack is the 4th game in the castle crushing series and features levels designed by players themselves.
- Crush the Castle 3 Adventures sees you play as a noble king looking to conquer castles beyond your lands to prove to your queen that your truly worthy of being king.
- Castle Wars 3 is the next game in the series which returns to the basic gameplay that made the first game so popular.
- Castle Building Games feature more games you can play online which involve more strategic gameplay such as empire and civilization building.
- Sieger follows in the footsteps of the Crush the Castle series but takes a forward facing view of conquering a castle.
- Sieger 2 is the long awaited sequel to the first game and moves times on to the period of Guy Fawkes and gun powder.